Sunday, April 11, 2010

He'll use us anywhere but He will put us where He wants us

I promise that when this official program starts on 4/25, I will actually blog about running and tie it together with what I'm learning but for now, well my calves hurt after running in my sister in law's neighborhood which has A LOT OF HILLS. We didn't even run that far either - so that's not fair.

I've been thinking a lot today about where God places us. It's so true that He will use us anywhere but I also firmly believe that He will put us where He wants us and if we trust that and follow then blessings definitely flow. Which brings me to my real thought - I'm "home" - I'm in Georgia. I lived in Chicago for 10 years. Even though my life was there, I really wanted to be back here in Georgia. My lovely friend Courtney can attest to that - hours of gabbing to her on the phone about how I so wished we could just pack it up and move. That just wasn't in the cards. Well, as it turns out here I am - it took something awful and horrible to move me back here but here I am. At the time I moved, I didn't even really consider it a choice - I mean after what happened I was going no matter what. Don't get me wrong, that did not mean that I just wanted to walk away from my marriage and everything and give up without trying - quite the opposite actually (and more on that in another post) but I had to remove myself and the girls from the situation and get into a support structure that quite honestly, I could've only had here in Georgia. After many, many more conversations about this with Court, she said something very wise to me. She said "you know, you never had a peace about being in Chicago, HB....I can't help but wonder if that was God's plan, you weren't happy there because He knew you'd be going back to Georgia." Boy was she right and so was God.

As more time has gone by, I've felt stronger and stronger that being back here was as much for me as it was for my parents. As I write this, my daddy is in the hospital. He's not well. I know my dad might read this so I'm sorry dad, but you're just not well. I am so unbelievably grateful and humbled that God would have me here "for such a time as this" (can I get an amen for the Esther study, ladies??). I don't know a whole lot more than just God will put us where He wants us (bring us home if need be). Did He use me in Chicago? You betcha. Did He know I would be more fruitful here in Georgia? You betcha. He also knew that as much as I needed my family, they needed me.

Please pray for my dad - for healing and comfort and also for all of the doctors - for wisdom and discernment in his care. I love you daddy.

2 comments:

  1. HB! Praying for your dad and your family. Love this post! Amen that God will put us where He wants us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so loving this! I am so inspired by you I can't even put it into words! I want to fly to Chicago to be at the finish line to cheer for you! :) You ROCK!
    P.S. Lifting your Dad up in prayer!

    ReplyDelete