Saturday, April 17, 2010

As if I needed any MORE inspiration....

I'm chock full of inspiration for doing this - really, I am. I am SO excited about doing this - apprehensive a little, but definitely excited. You'd think I wouldn't need even more inspiration, but I have found even more. Were you aware that Sonic has a burger with jalapeno poppers ON it?!? I mean REALLY?!?! I texted Steph about it and don't lie Steph, you were intrigued too. So I said "after the race, my friend." Let me, therefore, go on record saying "I am running the the Chicago marathon for the sonic popper burger." I will eat one after I run 26.2 miles - make no mistake about that! In the words of my fab friend Steph, "blog that baby!"

Speaking of Steph - she really is such an inspiration. She and I have been through SO much together. I have known her since our freshman year in college and been "besties" since our junior year really. Our senior year we lived together off campus and well, I don't have enough pages to rehash all those stories for you. Some other time. Some other time.

Steph is one of those people that is true to the core. I have to admit that our friendship went cold for awhile - and because of me. I have been through some stuff that I just kinda didn't want to deal with and therefore, would shut people out - she was one of them. There was a time I just kind of shut her off. I'm sorry, Steph - I am so thankful that you loved me every single day even I wasn't lovable. Every time I've needed her most, she's come running - regardless of the past our choices I've made. When I told her about what happened with my marriage and that I was moving home, her response was "let me be your best friend." I can't begin to tell you how excited I am to run this race with her. She is a RUNNER in every sense of the word and even though she'll be showered, fed and rested up by the time I cross that finish line (haha), she will be there with me! Steph, you are amazing and I love you and am proud to call you friend. Thank you for loving me in spite of me and I am so excited to share this journey with you.

Now bring on the popper burger!

1 comment:

  1. Sonic is awesome! You HAVE to get the Fritos Chili Cheese Wrap along with that Jalapeno Popper Burger. Yes, you read that correctly. Fritos + Chili + Nacho cheese all neatly wrapped in a tortilla.

    ReplyDelete