Sunday, April 25, 2010

About to Jump in!

Welp, here we go....almost. I still have a few more hours before this training officially "starts" but for all practical purposes, I'm about to jump in.

The 5k on Saturday really sucked. It rained literally buckets and it was an entirely uphill course. I don't know how that is possible but I assure you the entire way was up hill. To my girls who ran with me in Peachtree City, this was worse. I mean that one HILL in PTC may have been worse, but there were like 5 of them in this race. My brother and sister in law ran with me....well not WITH me because they are faster, but the did run the race. I am going to be honest and say that I had to walk some of it. I just couldn't keep my breathing steady on the hills. I was upset the couple of times I had to walk but when I finished it didn't matter - felt good. SO, I registered for another 5k next Saturday - the Geranium 5k. I hear it's flat - yeah, that's what the crazy lady in the bathroom in Peachtree City said too. I have to run 3 miles on Saturday for this training plan anyway, so I figure I might as well get a t-shirt.

Speaking of this training, here's what we're down for this week:
Monday - 2 miles (YAY, thank you LORD)
Tuesday - 2 miles
Wednesday - cross train
Thursday - 2 miles
Friday - 2 miles
Saturday - 3 miles (I'm just doing a 5k instead!)

SOOOO, I'm not too worried about this week cause I KNOW I can do this week and honestly, I am NOT going to get too far ahead of myself - taking it literally one day at a time. That said, I feel good that I'm GOOD with a week! ha!

Also, tomorrow will be a big day of changes in the el food-o department. Bye bye anything to drink but water and bye bye white carbs and bye bye sugar. It's outta here! I am going to be eating pretty much like the Daniel Fast but adding lean meats and egg whites for protein. It's going to be hard, but I want to eat really, really well while I'm doing this.

That said, Saturdays are cheat days and I can eat whatever I want that day after these "long runs" - I'm feeling good about this plan - pray that it will go well!!

God has been working in my life so much and I can't wait to see what He does through this. We had a great message on giving today and God really lead me to give something to someone and I just followed in obedience and He has blessed me already. God's blessings are amazing but to even see them immediately is really overwhelming. I love being a daughter of the almighty King! That makes me a princess, ya know.

I'm going to write about my runs every day and I will go ahead and apologize for any emotional rants because I'm just going to say what I feel about it - I know I'm going to have good days and bad days. Right now I am just looking at tomorrow and I am thinking it's going to be a GOOD day!

This is a big wall in front of me that I feel like I am going to try to move but I know that it is going to be God through me that accomplishes this and my prayer is that there will be GLORY to Him in some way.

"See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me." Isaiah 49:16

1 comment: